Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tissues

I stayed the night at my in-laws house. W said he was feeling much better by the late afternoon yesterday and his passport was en route, so things are looking up. 

When the girls were in the nicu we stayed at W's parents house as it was only 10 minutes from the hospital compared to the 45 minutes our house was. 

This morning I reached over and grabbed a tissue to blow my nose. As I threw it in the trash under the bedside table I had a déjà vu moment. I remembered all the tissues I threw out in that same trash a little over 6 months ago. I remembered all those tears and hysterical sobs late at night as I was trying to sleep while my babies were in a hospital. 

It makes me so grateful that we are where we are today. I am so lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed everyone continues to feel better and passports are here on time. Your family deserves a fun get-a-way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to stay at the hospital while my babies ere in the NICU. I still had late night crying episodes! Amazing how such a short amount of time makes that time seem in the distant past.

    ReplyDelete