Monday, August 4, 2014

Broken

Unfortunately little Lucy has a broken femur. After our X-rays we were sent to the children's hospital. We spent quite a bit of time waiting and had to get more X-rays taken. The surgeons talked with us and other people questioned us over and over again about what happened. They put her in a temporary split and didn't let her eat. 

They just took her into the operating room. She needs to go under anesthesia to get her cast on. It's called a spica cast and will cover about half of her body. 

I can't believe that a little slip on the stairs  caused so much damage. I feel so terrible. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh no, Liz! I'm so sorry. Thinking about you guys tonight and hoping she heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sweet Jesus! How terrible for w and you guys, my prayers are with you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Lucy and parents! This is one of my nightmares because Cooper is so active. I pray she heals fast and you both deal okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO sorry to hear this. Poor Lucy! How long will she be in the cast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry! Praying for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh No! Poor Lucy :( and especially poor W. I'm sure he feels really guilty. I know I would! I'm so sorry. Hopefully she heels fast and it will be like it never happened.

    ReplyDelete