Sunday, May 17, 2015

We Made It

Well, it wasn't the fastest week ever, that's for sure. My days ended up being about 11 hours and I'd be fast asleep on the couch early every night. The first few nights the girls were okay, but by the end of the week they were miserable and super bratty during my time with them. A few nights I questioned why I didn't get a hotel to myself rather than come home to whiney cranky kids. 

The reason though was because I missed them like crazy!! Even if they weren't super pleasant to be around, there was no way I was leaving them that long. 

I took my test on Friday afternoon. The multiple choice portion was pretty straightforward and easy, but the movie portion with the latch evaluation was trickier. I really hope I do pass it all. 

I was so grateful to come home on Friday afternoon to my family and know I didn't have to leave again the next morning. The girls were so happy to have both of their parents home all day. 

As wonderful as it is to have free childcare with grandparents, it's crazy how much they can change their behavior in one short week. Hopefully we'll fall back into our old routines and behaviors quickly. Everyone having a cold certainly didn't help. 

2 comments: